Kapiti Dog Training Club Inc. is a non-profit organisation. We have been supporting the Kapiti region for over 40 years.
We are a busy and dedicated club catering for up to 90 dogs per term. Our approach is to use positive reward-based training to assist dogs become respected members of the community.
Training Instructors and Assistants are required to help teach basic Domestic Dog Obedience during our Tuesday evening training sessions.
- Working with existing instructors, following established training procedures
- Updating our training database for class progress either written or electronic
- You will need to be passionate about dogs and have an interest in dog training and behaviour
- Confident working will all types of dogs and able to work in a team environment to help people and dogs with varying levels of experience
- You will need to have patience and be willing to work outdoors regardless of the weather
Weekly attendance at Tuesday night training classes from 6.15pm – 7.30pm and or 7.30pm – 8.30pm
- Working with and under the direction of our head instructors
- Able to attend training seminars on occasion – these are paid for by the club
- Giving something back to the Kapiti community
- Personal satisfaction
- Meeting new people and sharing a common interest
- Enjoyable fellowship with other trainers and club committee including social events
- Licks and tail wags
Previous dog training experience is non-essential as training will be given to successful applicants.
If this sound like you; please Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.